As a business headquartered in Singapore, we are subject to certain regulations that require us to comply with a number of obligations regarding your data.
In this document, you can learn everything about how we use your data: that we collect it from you and your actions, that we process only what we need in order to perform what you have asked or consented to (or what the law requires us to), that we protect with appropriate technology and that we will not share it with anyone, including law enforcement, unless we are forced to by laws and regulations.
In this policy you can find more about:
- How do we collect your personal data;
- What personal data do we collect;
- When do we share your personal data;
- How do we protect your personal data; and
- How can you exercise your data subjects rights.
How do we collect your personal data?
We can collect your data directly (e.g. when you give it to us), indirectly (e.g. when someone else gives it to us) or through automated technologies (e.g. cookies).
What personal data do we collect?
In order to use the platform, Terra Cards does not require from its Customers any data that will have them “identified” or “identifiable”, unless laws, regulations or the Product the Customer is acquiring require us to so.
However, the Customer may choose to register an account with Terra Cards. In doing so, the Customer will provide data that may have them “identified” or “identifiable”.
We will only process data that is adequate, relevant and necessary for the purposes outlined in paragraph (3). This may include:
- Identity Data (e.g. your name);
- Contact Data, (e.g. your email address);
- Technical Data, (e.g. your IP);
- Usage Data, (e.g. how you use our services);
- Marketing and Communications Data (e.g. your marketing preferences); and
- Any other personal data provided by you in the course of your engagement with Terra Cards.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (e.g. race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). We also do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Some services require you to give us personal data (e.g., your e-mail to deliver a gift card). We may not be able to perform the services unless you consent to the processing of such data.
When do we share your information?
Terra Cards does not disclose your personal data to third parties, except as described in this policy.
We might share your data with third parties when needed to perform support services (e.g., we need to communicate your email address if you did not receive your gift card) or somehow facilitate the provision of Terra Cards’s services.
We may also disclose your personal data under your instructions, to perform the contract entered into by us with you, to protect ours and your rights and interests and those of our business partners or pursuant to your express consent.
Finally, we may share your personal data, on a confidential basis, with subcontractors, for any of the purposes indicated above.
Terra Cards is not in the business of selling data to third-parties for profit. We understand our customers’ struggle to keep their lives private and you can expect a strong commitment on our side to make you succeed in those efforts. Your personal data will only be disclosed to law enforcement authorities, or other government bodies, to the extent required by laws and regulations.Terra Cards will not ordinarily share Customer personal data unless required to do so by an appropriate legal instrument (e.g. a subpoena, a warrant or the legal equivalent in the issuing country). Exceptional circumstances may determine a different reaction from our side, but only to the extent permitted by law.
How do we protect your personal data?
We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal data. Access to your data is limited only to authorized Terra Cards officers, employees, contractors or others who may require access to it in order to perform the services requested by you.
More specifically, we have implemented the following security measures:
- Staff dedicated to cyber and physical security, that designs, implements and provides oversight to our information security program;
- The use of specialized technology such as host-based security tools, network defense monitors, and intrusion detection systems;
- Testing of the security and operability of products and services before they are introduced to the Internet, as well as ongoing scanning for publicly known vulnerabilities in the technology;
- Internal and external reviews of our Internet website and services;
- Monitoring of our systems infrastructure to detect weaknesses and potential intrusions;
- Implementing controls to identify, authenticate and authorize access to various systems or sites;
- Protecting information during transmission through various means including, where appropriate, encryption; and
- Providing Terra Cards personnel with relevant training and continually updating our security practices in light of new risks and developments in technology.
How can you exercise your data subject rights?
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under the data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
Right to access, correct or erase your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it, correct any inaccuracies or request (to the extent permitted by law) the deletion of your data.
Object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us in writing to [email protected] Cards.com. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unreasonable, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Our website and services are not intended for children under 16 years of age.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information to us without parental consent. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.